10. It’s a great way to meet other families with children the same age as your own.
9. You’ll become a greater part of your children’s learning experiences.
8. You can help raise money for a great cause—-your children’s education.
7. You’ll get to know the teachers at the school and to understand their needs and ideas.
6. It’s one more way to meet and talk with school administrators like the principal.
5. You can create, plan and execute fun events for the whole family.
4. It’s an hour or so off each month from your hectic household routine.
2. You’ll experience feelings of self-worth through volunteering your time and seeing your efforts pay off in the smiles of your children and their friends.
1. Research shows children whose parents are involved get better grades, do better on tests, and have fewer discipline problems at school.
A semester. A week. A day. An hour. Any time is appreciated.
About 10-15% of our annual budget comes from passive donation sources such as Publix, Kroger, Amazon Smile and Boxtops. This is the #1 easiest thing that any parent or student can do to help FMS!
Join us at our first general PTO meeting of the year via Google Hangouts! (Very easy to join, no camera required, feel free to listen in!) Email us or check our private Facebook Group for the direct meeting link. We can accommodate up to 100 attendees, so let’s max it out! Listen to our meeting while you hide from the kids and drink a glass of wine, or snuggle with a blanket and some hot tea! Bring your Middle School Students and let them listen in! Heck, we don’t care how you join, we’re just happy if you can!
If you haven’t checked out the WCS COVID-19 page yet, it’s worth a look. A recent redesign has led to a much-improved layout and summary information, with lots of great quick links and at-a-glance information.
Our 2020 – 2021 school year reopening framework is available in English and Spanish.
Below are the side-by-side explanations for On-campus, Remote and Online School in WCS for 2020 – 2021.For a full explanation of the WCS Online programming, please visit their page on our District site.
President: Caitlin DiMare-Oliver
Vice President: TBD
Secretary: Tammy McAllister
Webmaster/Historian: Kendra Watkins
You! We’ll need your help to achieve our goals this year. Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or sign up for our newsletters to hear about our plans for the year and how you can actively and passively donate time or funds to the Fairview Middle School PTO!